Education and Experience for James L. Maxfield, Jr., GRI, SCA
- Real Estate License in 1975; Brokers License in 1989
- GRI Designation in 1985; GSA Designation in 1987; SCA Designation in 1989;
- completed Property & Casualty Insurance pre-license course in 1989
- 1990-1993 Director, Lake County Association of Realtors
- 1991-1996 Trustee, Lake County Development Council
- Committee Member, Commercial-Industrial Committee, Ohio Assoc. of Realtors
- Lakeland Community College: Business, Real Estate, and Paralegal courses
- Cleveland State University: BA English
- Double MA candidate in English (Thesis pending) & Urban Planning and Design
- 1987-1988 Completed over 240 hours of advanced commercial-investment real estate courses through the Commercial-Investment Real Estate Institute of the National Assoc. of Realtors and a candidate for the CCIM designation since 1987. Completed over 200 hours of appraisal certification education with over 2500 hours of documented experience.
- Regularly attends 15 to 30 hours of continuing education per year.
- Wrote and taught over 75 presentation hours of R.E. continuing education course material
- Regularly attend commercial marketing exchange meetings with OCREA, IREX, CREE, other regional invitational marketing and the Society of Exchange Counselors events.
General Experience and Activities
- 2001—Re-opened Maxfield Real Estate Group–a commercial-investment practice
- 1999-2001—Commercial-Investment Associate Broker with C-21 Launders Commercial
- 1993 to 1999 Broker-Owner of Maxfield Real Estate Group and Business Appraisal
- 1984 to 1993 Assoc. Broker, sales and Assoc. Property Manager for J. F. Morgan & Sons, Inc., a small, full-service commercial real estate and property mgt. firm.
- In total, about 25 years of real estate experience and about 18 years experience in various areas of manufacturing as a prototype machinist; tool and die maker; draftsman; estimator; production and process management; plant management. I also have experience as a trainer, technical writer, freelance paralegal, and 7 years in food service operations.